How are the files inside of zip folders treated when uploaded? Zip files may contain folders containing images, PDFs, or folders containing PDFs. Each folder will be treated as a different work, so do not mix files that belong to different works in the same folder. Each PDF will be treated as its own work, so do not split PDF files among more than one work. For example, a zip file with 3 images, 2 PDFs, and 1 folder containing 5 more images would create 4 works: the top level images in one, each PDF in their own work, and a last work containing the 5 images from the folder.
What are the acceptable file formats and file sizes for uploads?
- Acceptable file formats: PDF, PNG, GIF, JPG
- Acceptable file sizes: File sizes are limited by the upload timeout, so we recommend files that are less than 100 MB per file uploaded (either individually or in a zip file). FromThePage will resize each image file down to 1 MB.
What are the page image guidelines?
- PNG, GIF and JPG files are all acceptable.
- Images should be oriented so that they are right side up.
- Images should be split down the spine, so that only one page is visible on an image. (See the autosplit tool if you need to split two-page images.)
- Images should be named so that an alphabetical sort will result in the correct page order. Note, this may require "zero-padding" for page numbers - page_09.jpg, page_10.jpg will sort correctly, but page_9.jpg, page_10.jpg will not.