Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by FromThePage, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our Services requires a FromThePage.com account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your FromThePage.com Account and Projects. If you create a project on FromThePage.com, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and project, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the project. You must immediately notify FromThePage of any unauthorized uses of your project, your account, or any other breaches of security. FromThePage will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Content rights & responsibilitiesWe make no intellectual property claims over images, transcripts, annotations or comments posted on FromThePage.
Project owners are welcome to post material on FromThePage as long as they have the rights they need to do so. By posting content to FromThePage, project owners represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement they’ve made. Transcriptions and translations contributed via FromThePage inherit the ownership & copyright attached to the originals.
By posting content to FromThePage, you give us a nonexclusive license to publish it on FromThePage Services, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it). We may also use your content to promote FromThePage, including its products and content. We will never sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission.
You’re responsible for the content you post. This means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
We reserve the right to remove any content you post for any reason.
Project owners can delete any of their projects, anytime. Processing the deletion may take a little time, but we’ll do it as quickly as possible. We may keep backup copies of your deleted post or account on our servers for up to 14 days after you delete it.
- Advertisements. FromThePage reserves the right to display advertisements on your project unless you have a current paid subscription.
- Attribution. FromThePage.com reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Hosted at FromThePage.com’ in your project’s footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the FromThePage.com toolbar may not be altered or removed regardless of upgrades purchased.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional paid services to host your own projects are available. By selecting a service you agree to pay FromThePage the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a service and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify FromThePage before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such service (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Services can be canceled at any time by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Terms.
- October 18, 2015: created Terms of Service based on the WordPress Terms of Service (licensed under the Creative Commons license).
- July 22, 2016: Updated terms to be with Brumfield Labs LLC instead of Ben Brumfield.
- November 15, 2017: Replaced Responsibility of Contributors section with Content Rights and Responsibilities